Supplier: Advanced Instruments Type: Osmometers
Advanced Instruments Osmometer, Model 2020, for Osmolality Measurement not available for purchase. Replaced with the model OsmoPRO.
The Advanced Instruments Model 2020 Micro Osmometer determines the osmolality of solutions using freezing point depression (FPD). It is ideal for serum, urine or other bodily fluids in clinical applications; and media or formulations in pharmaceutical, biotech or industrial applications. The Model 2020 can process up to 20 samples at one time.
Automated, multi-sample, designed to process a 20uL sample with a 90-second test time. The Model 2020 provides maximum productivity, accuracy and reliability.
- Up to 20 samples at one time
- 20 uL sample size is ideal for applications where the sample quantity is limited.
- Stat sample capability
- Multi-language operation
- On-board statistical analysis
- Results recall up to the last 200 tests
- On-board printer
- Connects easily to external barcode scanner
- Internal diagnostics
- Ergonomic, compact design
- Automated calibration
- Hot-Line® Technical Service available 24/7
Advanced Instruments also supplies ControLine Products
- ClinitrolTM 290 mOsmol Reference Solution
- Protinol® Protein-based Controls
- RenolTM Urine Osmolality Contols
- Linearity Osmolality Controls
Method - Freezing Point Depression Osmometry
Osmometry measures the total molar concentration of dissolved solids in any solution. The freezing point of a solution is depressed in direct relation to the amount of solute in solution. Click here for a more detailed explanation.
Uses and Applications - Emergency Medicine, Internal Medicine/Endocrinology, Urology/Renal Function, Surgery/Critical Care, Obstetrics/Gynecology, Pharmacy, General Quality Control.