A2O Advanced® Automated Osmometer
Supplier: Advanced Instruments Type: Osmometers
A2O Advanced® Automated Osmometer
The new A2O Advanced® Automated Osmometer from Advanced Instruments is a fully automated, multi-sample osmometer that incorporates over 50 years of applied technology experience in the field of freezing point osmometry. The A2O combines a functional design, exceptional analytical performance, and an intuitive software control package that is both powerful and elegantly simple to operate. Every aspect of the A2O has been intelligently engineered to fully automate osmolality testing with ease and simplicity. It is ideally suited for today’s busy laboratories, which are being asked to achieve more results, faster — yet with fewer resources.
Intelligent Liquid Handling
At the heart of the A2O Osmometer’s liquid handling system is a pipette that features both liquid-level sensing and crash detection capabilities. The system automatically detects the level of the sample in the tube and precisely transfers a 100 µL sample for processing. This eliminates the need for manual liquid handling, which often leads to sampling errors and inaccurate test results. A fluid management system automatically cleans the pipette after each sample to prevent carryover and cross-contamination. System fluid and waste levels are managed through software control, making it easy to know when fluid replacement is required.
Positive Sample Identification
An integrated barcode scanner automatically performs an initial scan of the primary sample carousel, determining both the number of samples present and their barcode IDs. The sample barcode is confirmed again immediately before sample processing, providing positive sample identification and eliminating the possibility of transcription errors. The scanner can be turned off if there are no barcodes, and sample IDs can be entered manually through the keypad function of the software interface.
Easy Sample Loading
20-position primary sample tube car- ousel is intelligently designed to ac- commodate any size of sample tube between 11 mm and 17 mm width and 75 mm and 115 mm height. The carousel can also be removed from the system for easier loading.
Discover How A2O Takes Osmometry to the Next Level
- A2O Software Features
Flexible Sample Testing — The test setup features of the A2O allow you to develop customized sample testing protocols specific to your laboratory or test method. All Advanced calibration and control solutions are bar coded so the system can automati- cally distinguish between control solutions and lab samples. Replicate samples can be processed from a single sample test tube, allowing the system to process samples and control solutions in a variety of different ways. Choose from a predefined list of test protocols, or develop one specifically for your test method.
- Built-in Quality Control — The A2O software package comes complete with a host of enabling quality control features, including:
- Automated system calibration
- Statistical analysis on selected sample is available
- Ability to set method control limits for control solutions
- Ability to track quality control data over time and construct Levey-Jennings charts
- Statistical monitoring and graphing of daily controls
- Ability to abort test sequence if control limits are out of specification
- Selectable System Operation and Access Levels — A2O system operation and access can be configured in a variety of different ways, depending on the needs of your laboratory. Open access is allowed for any operator to run samples and edit test protocols. A supervisor mode is available that disallows certain operations. Operator login and password protection are also available, allowing the system to associate test results with operator ID.
- SAT Sample Capability — When you need a test result fast, simply initiate the STAT feature and let the system do the rest. The STAT sample is seamlessly processed using the same test protocol without disrupting the current test sequence. It’s that simple.
- Enhanced LIS and Data Management Capability — The A2O features bidirectional data communications, a Windows® CE operating system, and an onboard computer, plus Ethernet and multiple USB ports to enhance connectivity and data transfer. The A2O also offers the ability to store test results over a user-defined period, along with an enhanced search capability to retrieve archived test results. Test data can easily be exported to a USB.
view technical details of A 20 Advanced Osmometer
Contact us for more information about A2O Advanced® Automated Osmometer or to place your order